Friday, January 9, 2009

Ivanovic Falls To Mauresmo


The first 5 gaves of the match made it look like there was going to be another thriller in Brisbane, but unfornutaly for the top seed, Ana Ivanovic, it didn't go that way. Ivanovic led Amelie Mauresmo in the first set at 3-2, but the Frenchwoman proved to strong and was able to take the next four games to win the opening set 6-3.
Ivanovic didn't have what it took to make another comeback, and Mauresmo gave up just two games in the second set, taking the match 6-3 6-2. Mauresmo's consistent play and good hands at net were key factors to her winning today. Ivanovic will take a week off to prepare for the Australian Open. He main focus of training is her serve and consistency.
""I was pretty happy with my first two matches," Ivanovic said. "After last night's match I didn't have much time to recover… and I didn't have the energy to dig deep again. But in Melbourne I'm going to be practicing and playing lots of sparring. I just have to get more consistent and work more on my serve."

No comments: